ABRC is committed to sharing our work and its impact with the people of Montana and beyond, through formal and informal education; public outreach; and communications to many different audiences.
Our outreach and education activities are strengthened by many factors, including MSU's proximity to Yellowstone National Park, the expertise and experience of our faculty and close partners, the outstanding commitment from our MSU students to share their work with the public, and a rich network of partners, including the Montana Library Association, Museum of the Rockies, Space Public Outreach Team and and Hopa Mountain. We also work closely with the other teams from the NASA Astrobiology Institute.
Some of our current E/PO projects include:
- Professional development for teachers
- Activities for grades K-5
- Community Lecture Series
- Science events for youth and families
- Multimedia modules about astrobiology for educators and the public
- Outreach programs for rural libraries in Montana
- Profiles of women in science
- "Science of the Springs" guidebook to Yellowstone astrobiology sites
- "Life is All Around Us" - book designed to help children aged 3 through 8 understand the most basic concept of astrobiology.